You are hereAbout LTC / Facility, Hours and Directions
Facility, Hours and Directions
View Lowell Telecommunications Corporation in a larger map
LTC is closed to the public from 12/23/13 - 1/5/14 to complete maintenance projects!
Lowell Telecommunications Corporation
246 Market St.
P.O. Box 803
Lowell, MA 01852
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 10:00 am to 9:30 pm - Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday - 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
If you are driving from Boston
(approximately 45 minutes)
- Take 93 N.
- Exit 93 at 495 (Lowell - Not Lawrence).
- Exit 495 at Route 3 then almost immediately bear right and exit at Lowell Connector.
- Follow Lowell Connector and take Thorndike Street exit (this exit will put you on Thorndike Street going in the correct direction).
- You will go through two sets of lights, under an overpass, and bend right through another set of lights.
- At the next (fourth) set of lights turn right into the Lowell National Historic Park Visitor Center's Lot (you may park anywhere here).
- Walking, leave the parking lot by taking the set of stairs directing you to the Lowell National Historical Park Visitor Center. These lead under a mill building to a courtyard. Go straight through the courtyard toward Market Street.
- LTC's entrance is on your right at the next mill building, located directly across the covered walkway from the entrance to the Lowell National Historical Park Visitor Center.
If you are taking public transportation from Boston
(approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes)
- Take the Lowell Line from North Station (make sure to check with MBTA about correct departure times).
- Lowell is the last stop on this line.
- Once you arrive in Lowell, take a Lowell Regional Transit Authority (LRTA) Downtown Shuttle. This Bus will drop you off right at our building. Indicate that you want to be dropped off at the Market Mill Buildings / Lowell National Historic Park Visitor Center.
- When you get off the bus you will see a giant archway.
- Turn left and go to the end of the building and turn right. LTC's first floor entrance is there.
- If you wish to walk from the train station, turn left on Thorndike Street. Be careful walking through the overpass/rotary complex. Thorndike Street bends right through traffic lights and becomes Dutton Street. Follow Dutton for two more lights, and turn right onto Market Street across from Haffner's gas station. LTC's first floor entrance is at the far end of the first building on the right.
Snow Day Policy
LTC's executive director shall decide and announce if LTC is, or shall be closed due to inclement weather. If the weather is poor in the morning, for example, and clears up in the afternoon, LTC's executive director reserves the right to reopen LTC at a time later then the normal posted opening time. Be sure to call LTC's general number (978) 458-5400 to check for an opening/closing announcement.