This Lowell Telecommunications Corporation (LTC) position is a full time, permanent position. Under the direction of LTC’s Director of Municipal Programming, the Producer of Municipal Programming will produce local programming for the city, including: monthly/weekly television programs, public service announcements, timely and relevant special programming, and news segments. This position will also assist with program scheduling of the Municipal Channel. Weekly evening hours required, plus an occasional Saturday from 10am to 2pm.
- Create the look and program Channel 99, including scheduling of programs, public service announcements, bulletin board messages, and promotions. Under the supervision of the Municipal Director, acquire programs of interest to the community from other access stations, satellite, and the Web for cablecast.
- Cover up to three evening meetings at Lowell City Hall each week using the robotic video system. Send the signal to go live. Troubleshoot technical issues and recommend technology purchases to the Municipal Director.
- Produce and/or oversee the production of original municipal programming from concept to completion – by city departments, local governmental agencies and community producers.
- Maintain an archive of Municipal programs and their metadata.
- Train LTC members, Municipal employees, and organizations on video production skills and assist with productions.
- Assist with the production of LTC produced special programs such as the Lowell Folk Festival coverage and the African Festival. Assist with production of LTC News, a weekly news program.
- Check field equipment in and out, and process reservations.
- Associates Degree or higher in related field including video production, communications, computer technology, or broadcasting.
- At least one year of work experience in public access, commercial TV, video production, or a community media center.
- Strong digital production and editing skills. Ability to produce TV shows creatively, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Studio TV experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse membership and collaborate on media projects.
- Strong verbal and written abilities.
- Experience working with a variety of digital media files and an understanding of the digital production workflow.
- Commitment to free speech and community development through media technology.
- Ability to lift and move 50lbs. of video equipment.
How To Apply:
- LTC is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply. Offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience and multiple benefits, including 75% of medical insurance. To apply, send a letter of interest and a resume to Wendy Blom, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 26, 2016. No phone calls please.