Municipal / News Producer
Full Time Staff Position Description – January 2021
This Lowell Telecommunications Corporation (LTC) position is a full time, permanent position. Under the direction of LTC’s Director of Municipal Programming, the Producer of Municipal Programming will produce local programming for the City, including covering meetings at City Hall, monthly/weekly television programs, public service announcements, timely and relevant special programming, and news segments. This position will also assist with program scheduling of the Municipal Channel.
1. Cover up to three evening meetings each week from City Hall using the robotic video system. Send the live signal to the channel and web stream, and record the coverage for later cablecast and archives.
2. Program the municipal channel using the Telvue server interface. Under the supervision of the Municipal Director, acquire programs of interest to the community from other access stations, satellite, and the Web for cablecast.
3. Produce and/or oversee the production of original municipal programming from concept to completion – by city departments, local governmental agencies and community organizations. Create public service announcements and bulletin board messages.
4. Contribute regular news segments to the weekly LTC News program.
5. Maintain an archive of Municipal programs and their metadata. Train LTC members, Municipal employees, and organizations on video production skills and assist with their productions as assigned.
7. Assist with the production of LTC-produced special programs such as the Lowell Folk Festival coverage, Southeast Asian Festival, and the African Festival.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree or higher in related fields including video production, communications, computer technology, or broadcasting. High school diploma with three years of experience may substitute for an Associate Degree.
2. Strong digital production and editing skills. Ability to produce TV shows creatively, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Studio TV directing experience.
3. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills .Strong verbal and written abilities.
4. Ability to work with a diverse membership and collaborate on media projects.
5. Commitment to free speech and community development through media technology.
6. Ability to lift and move 50lbs. of video equipment.
1. Maintain an organized and clean facility. Answer phones and interface with the public. Represent LTC at outside events.
2. Coverage of the LTC facility during a rotating Saturday shift from 10:00am to 2:00pm
Application deadline: February 5, 2021, or until position is filled.
Please email a cover letter and resume in pdf format, and provide a link to a demo reel or examples of your work to Bora Chiemruom, Executive Director, Bchiemruom@LTC.org